A BLOG ABOUT WRITING FROM CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE AUTHOR SARAH GRIMM
Join Sarah and her guests for conversations on everything from the art of writing to where we find our inspiration.

Monday, December 3, 2012

Cowboys vs. Guys from Texas

I recently submitted a short to a publisher who had sent a call-out for cowboy stories. The stories were to take place in Texas and before I realized it, my story was written, but my hero was not a cowboy. He was a guy from Texas. Yes, there's is a difference. Do you know what it is? The line is subtle, but true cowboy is a job. Cowboys work on ranches or ride in rodeos. Guys from Texas (or perhaps I should say good ol' boys) don't. They hold a variety of jobs: police officer, mechanic, and firemen just to name  a few. I'd have to say that both hold their own when it comes to romance novels. But I have to say that between the two Guys from Texas are my favorite.
Matthew Mcconaughey is a guy from Texas.
So is Tommy Lee Jones.
and Patrick Swayze.
And cowboys--
Well, Ty Murray is a cowboy.
Brad Paisley is a cowboy.
And this guy. He's a cowboy.
Wait. Did I say Guys were my favorite. Hmmm...I may have to give this a little more thought. Then again, why should I have to choose? So it's settled then. It's a tie. Ciao!







No comments:

Post a Comment